Saturday, July 6, 2013

About Me

Hey there! My name is Mindy! Born and raised in rural North Carolina, I recently returned to my southern roots after graduating from Brigham Young University in Provo, UT. I received a Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders, moved back home, and got accepted to Master's program in Speech Pathology beginning Fall of 2013. The transition from life in a town of  more than 50,000 predominately LDS college students, back to life in a small town as a commuting graduate student is full of surprises and challenges that I am coming to embrace.
It is so good to be home! My family, friends, beliefs, and education define me. Part of a big extended family, and raised in the Latter Day Saint Faith, I feel grounded in the person I am today. I am also the oldest of three girls in my family, so I am so happy to be back in the house with my both of my closest buddies. Although my other best friends live across the country (one unintended consequence of attending college 2,000 miles away from home), and I have a Bachelor's--friends and school are also still a major part of my life.
I like to stay busy, so even when I have down time, you will find me reading a good book, organizing, trying out a new recipe, experimenting with a new hairstyle, watching college sports, clearance shopping, experimenting with eye makeup, walking my dog, volunteering with the youth at my church, or just updating and improving something in my life.
I hope to share my spin on DIY projects, fashion and beauty, friends, faith, fun and everything in between. Within the LDS culture, a 'Molly Mormon' is a term that we use to poke fun at the laughable stereotype of a "perfect" Mormon female. Although I am far from perfect, everyday I am becoming a little better, and trying to find a balance between 'Molly Mormon' and 'just me'.
Who does that leave me? Mindy Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment